Beulah Volunteer Fire Department
Make A Difference Today!
The Beulah Volunteer Fire Department originated in November of 1981 for the sole purpose of fire protection and assistance of community needs. It was formed by various men of the community. The very first fire truck purchased by the Beulah Volunteer Fire Department was a 1958 Chevrolet for the sum of $5000.00 from Culpepper, Virginia.
During 1986, the land at the present location was purchased for the sum of $3500.00. Thirty-five people in the community donated $100.00 or more each to help purchase the land. The building was then started and completed by the year 1987 and was used as a fire department and community center. The very first fire truck to be put in the station was a red open cab donated by the Albertville Fire Department. It was later sold to an individual. The department purchased a 1978 American LaFrance in 1993 and a brush truck in 1997.
We are proud to have served a great community for so many years and hope to continue for many more. We would like to thank all the community for its continuing support.
"We're in a sacrificial business here, sacrificing things for others, That's a choice, but if we don't do it, who will?"